Marriage is designed by God to reflect the relationship between God and the church—the Bride of Christ. Thus choosing a godly mate is a foundational element of lifestyle worship for anyone choosing marriage.
Voddie Baucham reminds us of what women should be looking for in a mate, taken from the book What He Must Be: …If He Wants to Marry My Daughter. It’s also a good reminder of men of what they should be, if they desire to attract a quality woman.
- He must be a follower of Christ.
- He must be prepared to lead.
- He must lead like Christ (Ephesians 5).
- He must be committed to children.
- He must practice the 4 P’s: Protector, Provider, Prophet, Priest.
Other related messages by Voddie Baucham are below. First, a radio interview, and then a four part series on Love & Marriage:
- In the Beginning
- True Love
- The Better Half
- The Other Half