- A community of self-control and marital fidelity in world saturated by sex.
- A community of truth (kind humility and gentle boldness) in world of relativism, uncertainty and suspicion.
- A community that knows God’s presence in a secular world.
- A community of generosity and enough in world of consumption.
- A community of thankfulness in a world of entitlement.
- A community of praise in a world of narcissism.
- A community of self-giving love in a world of selfishness and self-gratification.
- A community of wisdom in a world of proliferating knowledge and information technology
- A community of patience in a world of immediate gratification.
- A community of compassion in a world numbed by overexposure to violence and tragedy.
- A community of joy in a world dominated by a frantic and hedonistic pursuit of pleasure.
- A community of depth in a culture of superficiality and triviality.
- A community committed to the important issues of our globe in a culture of apathy and indifference.
- A community of joyful and serious purpose in a culture ‘amusing ourselves to death.’
Michael Goheen is the author of A Light to the Nations: The Missional Church and the Biblical Story and Living at the Crossroads: An Introduction to Christian Worldview, and the co-author of The Drama of Scripture, Finding Our Place in the Biblical Story and The True Story of the Whole World: Finding Your Place in the Biblical Drama.
“There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry: ‘Mine!’ “Abraham Kuyper
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full on His wonderful place
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim And the things of earth take their rightful place
In the light of His glory and grace