A new website is now online devoted to the topic of meeting the needs of special needs kids in church. The blog is co-authored by freelance writer (and our friend) Amy Fenton Lee and Jackie Mills-Fernald, Director of McLean Bible Church's Access Disability Ministry.
Entitled "The Inclusive Church," the blog kicks off with answers to ten questions posed recently to Amy at the March 2010 National Children’s Pastor’s Conference.
- Implementing a Special Needs Program in a Small Church
- Initiating Difficult Conversations with Parents – The Follow-Up
- Initiating Difficult Conversations with Parents – 12 Talking Points
- Parents Don’t Disclose – Reasons & First Steps
- Child Refuses to Sit Still
- Accessibility Summit 2010
- Volunteer Training
- Getting Leadership On Board – The Details
- Getting Leadership On Board – The Big Picture
- Age Separation