Tim Hughes offers commentary on leading worship, discussing the following points:
- We need to have times of high praise in our worship.
- We need to embrace musical dynamics
- Don’t force things when leading worshiprong – and that’s fine; we’re all learning.
- Keep asking questions when you lead
- Lead by example
- When leading on just a guitar:
• Make sure your guitar is in tune
• Be really watchful that songs don’t drag – this can really kill a time of worship
• Check that songs aren’t too high – maybe take them down a key (e.g. Blessed be Your name – B to A, Consuming Fire – G to E)
• Make sure you’ve had time to soundcheck your guitar and voice properly
7. Keep pushing yourself musically
Read the expanded commentary at Tim’s blog